Things to see and do in Ashington
1. Get your haircut at Chopshop barbers!
2. Visit Woodhorn Museum: just to the east of Ashington Woodhorn museum has plently to see and do, from exhibitions to car shows and a celebration of the history of mining, as well as a small train which takes you around the countryside near the QEII park.
3. Visit the statue paying homage to one of the greatest Newcastle united players ever, John Edward Thompson.."Who" I hear you ask, John Edward Thompson better known as Jackie Milburn, an Ashington pitman who went on to become Newcastle's second highest ever goalscorer with 200 domestic and league goals under his belt. The statue one of three created stands on Ashingtons Main street.
4. Pub Crawl: get your walking shoes and knee pads on and try to hit everyone of the pubs and clubs in Ashington.. be warned you may need the knee pads by the end f the night there are a few!
5. Watch some cricket at Ashington cricket club where Steve Harmison learnt his skills.